Re: Notification consistency

2009/9/7 Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I was thinking that this info could be displayed in
> notify-osd too.

Please don't, how it's now I can control exactly how long I want to
see the information, and the tooltip is placed exactly below where I
have my mouse cursor (so I can read the information, decide I want to
change something, click and do the change, all without having to look
down to wherever a notification would be).

> Also I was thinking that firefox should use notify-osd to display when a
> download is finished. I know that an addon for firefox exists so why not
> use it by default?

+1, but afaik they first need to get permission from Mozilla if they
want to include it by default.

Cheers,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3