Notification consistency

Hi,
I was looking for some information about the sound level. I hovered the
mouse over the sound icon and a tool tip appeared displaying the
information. I was thinking that this info could be displayed in
notify-osd too. If you change the sound level a nice notification
appears displaying the level, if you want to check the sound level you
get a tool tip. The same could be said about the power level and what
network you are connected to. I may be over thinking it but it just
seems like we should make the display more consistent.
Also I was thinking that firefox should use notify-osd to display when a
download is finished. I know that an addon for firefox exists so why not
use it by default?

Regards
Shane

Follow ups