Re: Ubuntu User Experience Guidelines

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 10:32 +0800, Allan Caeg wrote:

> The Ubuntu User Experience is aimed to be usable, helpful, unobtrusive,
> evolving, stable, powerful beautiful, simple, consistent, customizeable,
> and warm.

Usable by whom in what context, measured by what metrics?

Beautiful? While you might sometimes see a majority of people agreeing
regarding beauty, especially on a more general level, opinions tend to
vary a lot. "Beautiful" lacks any kind of definition that would allow
one to act based on it.

Simple and consistent are not always good. They sometimes have a cost.

<snip>

This reads more like a manifest, not guidelines. It's overly idealistic
and vague. I don't see anything that would cause anyone to act
differently, as the underlying ideals/goals are already known.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/