Re: Collaborative design dilemma

With all due respect, I think that design decisions within Ubuntu are
already pretty closed to anyone not in the know who has contacts to all the
right people. This move would make the situation even worse.  I understand
the reasons for doing it though. Therefore, I have two proposals:

- Still provide a means for people not on the "inner circle" invite list to
give input
- This can only work if there's communication about what's being done on the
Canonical teams to interested parties

I actually think the communications bit is the biggest problem. I really
think there's often a lack of communication from Canonical to the community
about where things are headed and where input is welcome. The recent call
for help from the design team on this list was a welcome change from that.

It's great that Canonical is doing all this work, but I really think there's
a lack of outgoing information for the community about where that stuff is
headed. Just my two cents...

Best wishes,

Fabian A. Scherschel (fabsh)
http://lamerk.org