Re: Collaborative design dilemma

My thoughts,

I don't see this idea as being all that bad.  There is nothing
non-open about having a team working on final decisions "behind closed
doors".  Because there will _always_ be a vehemently angered group of
people in every decision made about Ubuntu, I don't see how it's
remotely possible to appease all.

I didn't see this mentioned, nor do I know that this is not already
the case, but hiring someone as a liaison between the community lists
and the invite-only lists may be a great idea.  This way the community
still has a voice in the matters, and with the liaison, the community
can find out whats going on.  This also satisfies Fabian's list.

There's a reason you hired these people, they are qualified for the
tasks set in front of them.  The general community is not qualified,
as a whole, and thus final decisions and detailed discussions should
be between qualified individuals.

I have seen numerous discussions on freenode with people "threatening"
to move away from Ubuntu.  At the same time they say that to try to
get something done because they don't want to move away from Ubuntu.
As a whole in the "you win some you lose some" with users.  With the
proper research and the proper people, you will always gain more than
you lose and in the end it's a win for Ubuntu.

Thing's can always go back to the way they were if it doesn't work
anyways.  If you don't try, you don't know if it will or won't work in
the end.

Thanks for reading,
~Brian Curtis
BCurtisWX