Re: Collaborative design dilemma

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course, that would happen through a list in which anyone who wanted to
> join was welcome (this would also be a good place to find additional people
> to invite to the core list).

OK, misunderstood you then. That sounds very reasonable.

>  Most of our work is already public. When we work on confidential projects,
> we move the work into the public forum when the product ships.

While that is true, there is a difference between "public" and "accessible".
An archived mailing list is great, but how many people are going to dig
around in there if they can't be actively involved. Maybe a monthly "status
report" from the UI teams would be helpful to summarise what has been worked
on.

 Well, do you run UNR? That's probably the best place to work, because it's
> where the indicator work and the launcher work all fits together.

Yes, I do actually and I think it rocks. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't
speaking so much for me directly since I generally know where to dig up the
information I need. I was just speaking of behalf of the not-quite-developer
super users in the community that do like to have some input on matters even
if they are not usability experts. I am also aware that this input is in
many ways the least helpful.

Thanks for the reply and for clearing stuff up. :)

Fabian