Re: Collaborative design dilemma

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:52:16 +0100 Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I'm thinking that we need to create an invitation-only list (which is
publicly archived) alongside this one.

This is similar in concept to the ubuntu-devel and ubuntu-devel-discuss
split that was controversial when it happened, but in my opinion has worked
out well.  My only suggestion would be to make it a moderated list (as
ubuntu-devel is) rather than a closed list that rejects mail from
non-subscribers.  That way if there is something worthwhile, it can be let
onto the list.

If the main list is too noisy for the core Ayatana people to have a proper
conversation, they will find another venue no matter what anyone else
decides.  Better it's in a public place where interested people can follow
the conversation than in direct mail no one can see and isn't archived.

Scott K