Re: MI idea suggestion

the best way to handle web mail in the long term would be to use the
telepathy framework. it still needs some work on it's email parts though.maybe
via empathy like pidgin does. or separately
The reason why this is better is that it would be PUSH rather than PULL ie
it wont check every x mins to see if new mail is there.
as soon as mail is reached on server, server pushes it to user.
hence instantaneous.
though maybe there might be more data usage. or maybe not as i guess server
pushes it in case of new messages only and IM clients maintain the
connection continuously anyway.
Though maybe this solution (via empathy) might not be ideal for the minority
who dont use IM actively.