Re: Collaborative design dilemma

A team with a clear common goal is needed. I was trying to help define that
common goal by proposing having a list of UX principles for
Ubuntu<http://www.mail-archive.com/ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00640.html>.
As Thorsten mentioned, there are people who wouldn't want to comply because
they are doing what is in accordance to their tastes and preferences during
their free time. However, a distro shouldn't be a product of different
pieces of software that are aiming to satisfy different visions. Apple,
Google, Microsoft and other big software companies have clearly defined UX
goals. I think, that is what open source needs now.
I think, the hard part in the invitation-only list could be the validity of
decisions in knowing who to include. Losing good people is a sad thing for
development.

Good UX job. I'm looking forward to a smoother Ubuntu.

Best Regards,
Allan Caeg
https://launchpad.net/~wersdaluv
http://twitter.com/AllanCaeg