Re: Collaborative design dilemma

I think it's a great idea to integrate this into the existing Ubuntu
structure. I like the idea of having a structure that mimics what we
have in place in other areas of participation in the project - with a
leadership team, and members who have "crossed the threshold", and
others free to contribute too.

My only reservation with this is that I had hoped for Ayatana work not
to be limited to Ubuntu. It is socially more difficult to engage
upstreams if they feel they will be prejudicing other distributions by
doing so. But on balance, it's probably worth the risk.

I still feel we should have a list open only to the members of the team
(but publicly accessible - one should be able to listen in and comment
in other media like the -discuss list and web forums).

Mark