Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

> That's where we settled for 9.10. For 10.04 I would like to revisit the
> midpoint of the right hand side. I would not want to rehash old territory,
> so please factor in the above in proposing new ideas. I'm of the view that
> this decision involves at least one ugly compromise no matter which way it
> goes, and am happy to make the call so far (i.e. happy to be the one with
> the thick skin).
>
> If there is an implementation which avoids the issues and is sane, I'd love
> to include it.
>
> Mark

Is having async notifications grow upwards really a problem? I think
that would actually look pretty good with sync notifications at the
bottom, and async slightly above showing a kind of scrolling effect as
more text comes in.  As there would be nothing above the async bubbles
they won't be moving any other screen decoration. If that was the
case, then there isn't much along the bottom of the screen in most
applications that could be disrupted. People read down the page so if
the bubbles were bottom-centre I don't think they'd get in the way so
much, they could also then be wider and shorter.

I still think the most awesome solution would be to allow the
notifications to be dragged around the screen to where the use prefers
though. ;)

Luke.