Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> So, what is the indication that "the thing is not running"? It took me
> months to find out that, just because Evolution showed up in the
> messaging menu, it didn't mean that part of evolution was running and
> checking for new messages. That I had to open the evolution UI in
> addition to it being in the messaging menu was very non-intuitive.
Yes, this is a bad result.

In the design discussions, there was supposed to be a difference between
the menu entries when the application is running, and when it is not
running. So, for example:

 --------
 Monitor email with Evolution
 --------

vs

 -------
 Show Evolution Addressbook
 Inbox (43)
 Compose new message
 --------

Ted, MPT, can you comment on the decisions made for 9.10, and plans for
10.04 in this specific regard?

Mark