Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Alex Launi wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     In the design discussions, there was supposed to be a difference
>     between the menu entries when the application is running, and when
>     it is not running. So, for example:
>

> This isn't good enough. That requires I know the difference in the
> first place, I need to see it when it's not running, and then see it
> when it's running and be aware of why it's different.

I disagree. If the menu options clearly invite you to DTRT, then you
shouldn't have to worry about things like "the process is running". You
click on the menu, you start watching email, you get notifications, you
jump to your relevant email folder.

Mark