idea for notifications

Hello,
I have an idea for notifications.  Since this idea is like 2 big ideas
requiring several little changes, I'm opting against a brainstorm or
wishlist type item, and am looking for a discussion.  Is this the
place?  I have already written my thoughts here:
http://chogydan.blogspot.com/2010/01/ubuntu-karmics-notifications.html

How should I proceed?  I know that what I'm proposing breaks some of
the core design principles that Shuttleworth laid out in his blog and
that is controversial, but I think it is worth it.  Maybe it should be
a separate project?

I don't know what decisions have been made for karmic, so I apologise
if these ideas have already been discussed.

Thanks,
Dan

--
In science and in mind, the impossible and the hasn't-happened-yet are
indistinguishable.

Follow ups