Lucid theme - window controls location

Hi,

I've looked in the list archive but (to my surprise) didn't see any
discussion relating to the position of the window (minimise, maximise,
close) controls in the Lucid theme - my apologies if it's there and
I've missed it.

I imagine most people here are aware that the decision to move the
controls from the right side of the window to the left has sparked
some dissent [0], with the timing and lack of communication not
helping to soothe the issue.

Please could the design team explain the rationale for moving the
window control buttons from the right to the left, and the benefits
expected to result.

[0] e.g. http://yokozar.org/blog/archives/194 ,

Cheers,
Dave B.

PS: Window control location notwithstanding, I think the new theme
looks really good :-)

--
http://www.witchesband.com/

Follow ups