Re: Lucid theme - window controls location

* David Balch (david@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've looked in the list archive but (to my surprise) didn't see any
> discussion relating to the position of the window (minimise, maximise,
> close) controls in the Lucid theme - my apologies if it's there and
> I've missed it.

I think there are actually two separate problems (at least):
  1) There is a question over whether the new layout is the right place
    - personally I don't like it.

  2) It's done as a something special, rather than part of a theme.

If it was part of the new theme and it was just a matter of going to
appearance and flipping to another theme or customising to the way
you like them then I haven't got a big problem with it, but forcing
people to have to attack gconf seems wrong.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /