Re: GSoC '10 Idea : NotifyOSD improvements

As a lay-user if Ubuntu, I would propose reconsidering the idea of ethereal
notification.

To this day, *every* time I have moused over the notification, it has been
with the intention of dismissing it (only to realize that I can't dismiss
it). If unintended dismissal is such an issue, then perhaps the
notifications should not appear while the user's mouse is within the area
where the notification is to appear. The notification could be queued for
display once the cursor leaves that area.

Thanks,

Sohail Mirza

--
sfm