Re: No tooltip popups on appindicators

On Friday 19,March,2010 08:42 AM, Chris Johnston wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have noticed that in Lucid, appindicators no longer have tooltip
> popups. When on my laptop, running on battery, this adds two extra
> steps for me to find out the status of my battery. I have to click on
> the battery and then click off the battery to continue what I was
> doing. To me, this is very inconvenient and a change that is not good.
> I have filed a bug [1] against this, as I believe that adding two more
> steps just to check the status of my battery is a regression in
> Ubuntu. I would like to see some feedback on this decision, and
> hopefully see this change back to the way it was.
>
> [1]
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-application/+bug/541609

The main bug is at
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-application/+bug/527458 where I have
written my response. Rather than having discussions all over the place, I think
it is better to carry out all discussions there instead.

Thanks for posting this to the list though, this issue deserves more attention
than it is getting.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)