Re: GSoC '10 Idea : NotifyOSD improvements

> The spectrum of attention-grabbiness, if you want to think of it that
> way, is:
>
>  - outline
>  - dimmed
>  - full mono
>  - green
>  - orange
>  - red

Orange does not seem like a good idea, as it's very close to red.

In my opinion, perhaps better (although not perfect) choices would be
yellow (pro: benefits from the well-known traffic light metaphor, con:
bad for light backgrounds) or blue (pro: usage of all pure extremes from
RGB, con: non-intuitive meaning).

> We should use outline-to-full to indicate that there are messaging
apps running.

Doesn't dimmed-to-outline make more sense? I guess that depends on what
should be considered the "normal" state of the messaging indicator. If
"normal" means "at least one app running", then dimmed-to-outline
makes more sense, as no apps running would mean a "deactivated" state.

If "normal" is simply the fact that the indicator is running, then
outline-to-full makes more sense as apps running are "something extra".