Re: No tooltip popups on appindicators

On Friday 19,March,2010 09:35 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:
> There could be an option in the g-p-m dropdown to show the
> time/percentage remaining by the side. That would solve the
> accessibility and the tooltip problem.
>
> This would not cover all use cases, such as for Transmission data
> rates. However, knowing the time remaining on a battery is a much more
> frequently accessed action.

By the side? What exactly do you mean? An applet that stays on top of all
windows displaying the amount of time you have left? I don't think GNOME
upstream would approve of such an approach, and I believe it would feel even
more cluttered and messed up than the previous approach of using tooltips.

Also, as you had mentioned, not all cases are covered by your suggestion,
Transmission, Rhythmbox, and Banshee included.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)