Tooltips

I'm seeing a regression regarding the removal of tooltips in the Network
Manager applet. When connecting to a new wireless network, you can't see
the name or what's really going on.  In scenarios where you are changing
networks, (work to home) You can't be sure exactly what is happening.
Very confusing for both beginner and advanced.  Once connected, it's not
immediately obvious what you are connected to.

BTW, the new icon appears to be pulsing during acquisition.  I thought
this was a no no?

As a whole, I'm not seeing the upside on the whole get rid of the
tooltips thing.  Why is less information considered better?  I didn't
see any deficiencies with the existing tooltips.  The text appeared to
be updated and accurate.  Is this just aesthetics?