Re: Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

I think maximize, minimize, and close are taken for granted -- they're
unquestioned assumptions carried over from a dusty desktop computing past.
Frankly, I'm not convinced that any of these buttons are worth the price
paid by users in time spent thinking about how to arrange their windows.

Anyway, that's a separate discussion. I don't think replacing a single-click
to minimize, for example, with a single-click with a pull-and-release is
replacing "direct access" with "indirect access."

When manipulating the other button, hints could be drawn on the screen --
for example, pull to the right and see a nice overlay/silhouette of the
right-maximized state of the window.\

David