Re: Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

Pablo, awesome! I was just sketching something almost exactly like this...
My concept was a bit simpler but still very sophisticated:

  * Replace Close, Min, Max buttons with just Close and "other"
  * Dragging the "other" button slightly to the right and releasing
maximizes the window to full the right half of the screen ("maximize
right").
 * Dragging the "other" button slightly to the left and releasing maximizes
the window to full the left half of the screen ("maximize left").
  * Dragging down minimizes.
  * Dragging up maximizes.
  * Dragging and shaking minimizes all other windows.
  * Shift-clicking on the "other" button on multiple windows groups them,
tiling the group and minimizes all other windows when shift is released.
  * Clicking the "other" button shows a menu with all of the actions above,
with shapes that demonstrate the associated gestures.

As you can see, featuritis immediately sets in when we have an "other"
button, but I think we're on to something! Let's continue the discussion and
see if anyone can help us prototype :)

David