Re: [Concept suggestion] About the new possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 09:49 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 20:36 -0300, kernel_script wrote:
> > Hallo guys,
> >
> > I just saw a great work from a FOSS community designer exploring the new
> > possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual,
> > and wanted to share the info with Ayatana team, since I think the
> > concept is really interesting and a really good idea, and it explore
> > very well the idea that Mr. Shuttleworth talked about on his blog post.
> >
> > www.design-by-izo.com/2010/03/29/workflow-and-upload-two-new-button-concepts-for-lucid/

This is a bit interesting.  I like the idea of the quick short-cut
button.  I'm not sure that it should be defined as an upload button, but
maybe a program defined operations.  This could be pretty novel and
potentially save effort.

As for the load button, I'm not seeing that this gives any more
functionality that we already have.  File/Open is well defined to the
point of cliche.  And the two clicks involved don't appear to save any
time or effort.

This could be as easily implemented on the left as it could on the
right, tho.