Re: [Concept suggestion] About the new possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual

----- "Jim Rorie" <jfrorie@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> This is a bit interesting.  I like the idea of the quick short-cut
> button.  I'm not sure that it should be defined as an upload button,
> but
> maybe a program defined operations.  This could be pretty novel and
> potentially save effort.
> As for the load button, I'm not seeing that this gives any more
> functionality that we already have.  File/Open is well defined to the
> point of cliche.  And the two clicks involved don't appear to save
> any
> time or effort.

Really ? I think it would great having a standardized way to perform some sort of basic "copy/paste" action aimed at the entire file you're working on, in order to transfer the file from an application to another. It would be useful for frequent and quite complex operations like "I work on file X with software A, I save it somewhere to use it as an input in software B, I modify it a bit, save it somewhere else, and then use it as an input in software C" would be *great*. Basically, it's true that File/Open is simple. But one should not forget that having to select the place where you have to save, and finding this place again to load the file inside another software in Nautilus takes time.
For example when you want to reduce the filesize of photos before sending it to someone by email. I'd like to "copy" current photo, "paste" it to Gimp, crop it and reduce it, then copy/paste it to Thunderbird without having to navigate inside Nautilus.