Re: message indicator.(colour palette)

On 01/04/10 09:51, dani planas armangue wrote:
> El jue, 01-04-2010 a las 08:13 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth escribió:
>
>> On 01/04/10 00:52, dani planas armangue wrote:
>>
>>> I have noticed that the icons are nice and simple monochrome, but adding
>>> the color, designers do not take into account the color palette.
>>>

>> We certianly do want consistency. But which palette are you using for
>> this change?
>>

> I used green for Humanity uses the same icons, but to no 3d, just flat
> color. thus integrates well with others.

Thanks for this, it does raise awareness of the need for a comprehensive
palette for these icons. I'll ask Otto to publish such a palette in the
next week, please ping him if it hasn't been done.

There should be a rationale and guidance for the use of the various
colours. For example, red is clearly an alert colour, as is orange. When
would one use red and when orange? Both indicate a caution or warning.
Green indicates something that one should be aware of that is NOT a
warning or caution, such as a message. So I would expect the document to
include:

 - a palette
 - guidance on the use of the colours and their combination

In addition, guidance on the "feel" of the icons, such as the use of
flat imagery, line widths, scaling, proportions etc.

I should state clearly that we are NOT following the Tango theme in the
ubuntu-mono panel icons. This is a new set of icons that is part of the
unique Ubuntu look and feel. It has its own guidelines.

Mark