Re: Middle-click on indicators

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 16:14, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Really? I thought all Ubuntu installations had 3-button emulation enabled
> (left+right click = middle click) by default, which I had mentioned in my

and here's the "modifier". sorry: my attempt at parlance resulted in
misleading formulation..
3-button emulation is cool, i personally found it confusing tho, that was
when i curiously tried it out a few years ago.

We want a *shortcut* to default actions in the indicator for *advanced*
> users.

ok, addressing mainly power users, the idea looks very attractive indeed ;)
as we now agree, my concerns were based on the wrong assumption that we were
trying to find an "efficient" mostly intuitive solution for all users.

advanced users of course, so i agree, might benefit greatly of the usage of
3-button mouse emulation here..