Re: User feedback from the new WM control order

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 11:12 +0100, Luke Benstead wrote:
> Just to quickly add my experience to this. I've not yet accidentally
> hit the close button, however I have on several occasions hit minimize
> when aiming for the Applications menu. I also tweeted about it in
> frustration: http://twitter.com/kazade/status/12155652979
>
> I'm now totally confused, because I'm liking the left side but this
> continual mishitting will probably force me to change it, which is a
> shame. If we do pick up Gnome Shell for 10.10 where there is a
> hoverable "Activities" menu in the same place as the current
> Applications menu then I think this will just get worse.
>
> Luke.

What could probably be a solution is adding pointer friction to the top
edge of the menubar , so that it is less easy to over-shoot the menubar
and could probably prevent accidentally hitting the window controls.

Something similar was discussed for gnome-shell but for scrollbars, to
prevent user from overshooting the scrollbar and to make it easier to
grabbing the scrollbar. Not sure if they have made any progress
regarding that though.

--
Cheers,
Vish