Re: Matching colors to menu options in the indicators (Restart Required)

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 14:59, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We were supposed to get an icon to highlight that particular entry, but
> the design was never done, and so it didn't get implemented. It will
> happen for 10.10

this raises the question: why is there no art.ubuntu.com? something
perhaps to explore.
it would be a question of minutes until an official Canonical artwork
task to the community would reveal the first dozen of design
suggestions, don't you think?

such a portal would integrate nicely with launchpad, when there are
developers in need of special buttons, symbols, logos, icons or audio
artwork for their applications.

> That would be good. Or "Restart, completing updates" which explains
> *why* it's required.

oh, i prefer the current wording.. perhaps remove the dots!?

> Yes, I think this is a productive line of enquiry, and very much
> consistent with what we want to do with the Ayatana indicators. Fewer
> indicators, with more meaningful icons and semantic states.

yes, make indicators more *dynamic*! give them life, make them smart..
the session indicator needs to start showing me everything that is
session-relevant, including the availability of critical security
updates.