Re: Integrating Application Search & Install

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 16:27, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like the mockup, but I think something similar to the attached would
> be nicer. I visualize the window only appearing when someone starts
> typing into the box and the results would filter down. When the user
> clears the box (or presses enter to execute the top entry) the window
> would disappear.
>
> Luke.

please, stop saying you like the mockup.. it's just a screenshot ;)
your mockup is what i'm talking about, i think step by step we're
getting into business with this idea..

now remove the categories, as suggested above in the thread.
make the dialog, that pops up as you type, smart, i.e:
it learns what types of things the user tends to search for.

instead of the existing categories, offer "photos", "music", "videos"
and "applications", if the user continues the dialog. i think we
should use the word dialog in its literal meaning here, the depth of
detail in which options and filters are displayed should grow with the
depth of steps the user is ready to make (all of them of course
augmented with the principles of incremental search)