Re: Unexpected close functionality

On 27/04/10 04:29, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:

> On the subject of Rhythmbox, currently when you start it, it will open
> to the last state - eg. in the notification area, or maximized, or
> just a window on some workspace. I don't think it should do this. When
> people open a program, they expect to see a reaction immediately. If
> it's opening as a 10x10 pixel icon in the corner of their screen, or
> in another workspace where they can't see it, then they will be
> confused and become frustrated.

Yes, I agree, Rhythmbox when launched conventionally should display a
window. It might remember its state w.r.t. being maximised, and it's
"position" (playlist) from the preious time it was running, but you
should get the feeling of having "opened it" if you click on it in the
launcher.

Please do file a bug and copy this exchange into it.

Mark