Re: Unexpected close functionality

On the subject of Rhythmbox, currently when you start it, it will open to
the last state - eg. in the notification area, or maximized, or just a
window on some workspace. I don't think it should do this. When people open
a program, they expect to see a reaction immediately. If it's opening as a
10x10 pixel icon in the corner of their screen, or in another workspace
where they can't see it, then they will be confused and become frustrated.

Also, what do you want to do when you open a music player? You want to play
music, select your song or artist or album, or choose a podcast or browse
the store. None of these can be achieved when the window is on another
workspace, or with the limited functionality of the music menu in the
notification area. Plus, I believe this action is inconsistent with most
other programs.

Benjamin