Re: Panel menu in 10.10 Netbook UI

I also was thinking about something like this... I've seen a mockup
once, in which the application menubar and the titlebar are merged, but
both of them are constantly shown, which is not a problem IMO, because
as we know, we have horizontal pixels. I have checked, and the
applications with many menus(OpenOffice Writer for example has 9 menus)
take up as much as 400 pixels horizontally, thus we have at least 600
pixels for window controls and document title+application name, which is
more than required.
So that is another way of using space effectively. And I do agree too,
that we should try other setups on the desktop too, because there is so
much wasted space on an ubuntu desktop... and making use of them
wouldn't necessarily mean making a cluttered interface...