Re: Reducing Resistance to Change

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 00:32 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> I agree providing end-user upgrade notes might be a good thing, but of
> course those won't be ready until near the release, as not all
> proposed changes will end up in the release...

But as I mentioned, the facilities are in place to display information
*right at install* of a change. They just usually are not used. And I'm
not talking about complete release notes (which are published on the
website for each milestone and the release), but just a little note,
like "hey, we have made <some change> for <some reasons>. You can read
more about it <here> and give feedback <here>".