Re: Windicators

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Luke Morton <luke.morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ambiance has a 1px border on the left and right--I don't think that's
> enough to negate the case for a resize grip. As to your example, I find
> resizing the terminal to be particularly frustrating.

The tiny border is EXTREMELY annoying on my laptop in particular, as I lack
the dexterity of a mouse when using the nub or trackpad (also holding down
alt and the middle key while dragging is way out of the question on a
laptop). It generally takes me about 3 or 4 seconds to find the draggable
edge (and that's a lot of time compared to the split-second process it is
for other decorators). Though it's nice to have flush themes, resizing
really doesn't work with anything less than 3 pixels.

Would be that hard to modify the window manager to watch the outer 5 pixels
regardless of decorator border? That would result in a considerably easier
experience. If this were the case standard widgets could take priority if
they're close to the edge (although a good gui designer shouldn't have
anything too close to the edge anyway)