Re: Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

2010/5/4 Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>

> a) how about listing mute toggle and play/pause for relevant apps?

This may be useful, maybe more so than controlling volume.

> a buttoned interface with columns or rows for the respective
> apps..with little 3 Bit digital volume meters (2 for stereo/surround, 1 for
> mono)  attached to each app icon

How many applications would you expect to find in practice on such a
table/list? I would expect a maximum of two, and that only in rare cases.
Also, do you really want to control stereo balance separately for each
application you use?

b) do we really need "main volume"?

I agree with you, we don't need it (see my last message in this thread for
details)

> c) do we need a global mute button?

This is likely to be important, especially for those situation where you
need to react quickly.

Best wishes,

Martín