Re: Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

Can someone point me to a wiki page or a blueprint about the sound
indicator? I've been following this discussion since its inception, but I
can't find a *problem definition*. What exactly is the problem we are trying
to address with this sound indicator?

"We need a better UI to control application volumes" is not really
a sufficient answer. Why do we need this?
What's insufficient about the current Sound Preferences UI? I almost never
have to adjust application volumes, is this where we should be focusing our
energy?

I think we need to focus this discussion, can someone restate the problem
we're solving?

--
-- Alex Launi