Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 01:59 +0200, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> On 13 May 2010 01:49, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > we'll have to handle when people double click so we dont open multiple
> > instances when people expect the previous behaviour.
>
> That would be solved by applying the double-click recognition in
> reverse: If a click follows another one in less than 500ms, it is
> ignored. Or did I miss another situation where that would break
> something?

Selecting text is still possible by double-clicking, as is tap-and-drag
on touch interfaces so a global catch all wouldn't work. However, I
think the all the hard work has already been done.

I've just done a cursory test in Nautilus. I set it to single-click and
double-clicked for every interaction:
* folders only open once, (also when in spatial mode)
* files only open once