Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 14:48, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:07, Alex Lourie <djay.il@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think single click should not be default, but there is one way of
> >> improving single selection in that mode: put a checkbox before each
> >> file and folder. This also makes it easier to do multi selection in
> >> any mode.
> >
> > And how would it be implemented in icon mode?
>
> A checkbox somewhere on the icon. I remember seeing this on a Windows
> machine:
> http://malektips.com/windows-7-explorer-checkbox-select-file.html

thanx, remco

note: checkbox appears on mouse-over.
this behaviour works best, if all thumbs are of the same size and muscle
memory is honored by the checkbox position.

for those who want to test this behaviour live: try Dolphin, it's just a
command away:
$sudo apt-get install dolphin