Re: Combo Indicator Applets

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 15:31, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With Application Indicators we manage the fallback into the notification
> area by default, so application developers don't need to worry about that in
> most cases.  They can change the behavior of that fallback if they wish.

What counts as an application indicator exactly? I removed indicator-applet
and indicator-session applet from my panel, logged out, and logged in, and i
didn't see anything extra show up in the notification area. My thinking is
that I'd see the messaging menu icon and perhaps the volume indicator
especially in the notification area, but that hasn't happened.

Maybe you could give me a test case of something that's supposed to work
with this behavior?

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-