Re: Global menu and non-supported applications

Le lundi 24 mai 2010 à 13:02 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth a écrit :
> On 24/05/10 10:55, Conscious User wrote:
> > For the upcoming Netbook Global Menu, I was wondering what is
> > the planned behavior for non-supported applications (which
> > will inevitably exist, for example I'm supposing it won't
> > support legacy Qt3 or Gtk1 applications... and is Java Swing
> > support planned?).
> >

> You can find these details in the spec, announcement, and
> testing/integration plan:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenuBar
>   http://design.canonical.com/2010/05/menu-bar/
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/GlobalMenu
>
> Mark

Yes, I've read those, but the problem is: if I understood
correctly, the intention is falling back to a minimal
set of menus in those cases, and such minimal set is
supposed to work. For a lot of applications, this is
probably not possible without application-specific
patching.

So my question, more specifically, is: what will happen
when a non-patched application with a non-supported
toolkit is opened? The minimal set will be available,
but with all itens insensitive?