Re: Fw: Re: Rethink the noninteractive Live CD default boot?

I don't think anyone would ever argue that we shouldn't be intergrity
checking boot media (or at least presenting the option); while I never
considered it a pain point, I guess I could see a new user getting confused
and giving up. Maybe the solution is to have the FIRST menu a user sees be
"boot or install", and *then* ask whether or not to check the cd for defects
(before any booting or installing happens). That way, the user at least
knows that the cd check is a normal part of the process; that they are on
the right track.

Thoughts?

-- Alex