Re: "Move to", "Copy to", "Send To.."

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 13:49 +0200, Frederik Nnaji wrote:

>          I would be surprised if "Send to ..." became something
>         completely
>         different in Lucid.
>

> How often did you try using this dialog?
> After trying to use it quite often, i think it would be weak if the
> dialog would not change..

My point was that the functionality as it is presented in Karmic
indicates that it makes no sense to make it just like "Copy to" and
"Move to", because there's another parameter besides a target.

I avoided making assumptions on how it is now in Lucid. What it could
become in Maverick is a different topic, again.

>         In any case, having a blueprint is premature.
>

> Sure?
> I see enormous networked messaging UI issues with this dialog, i
> believe that clearing some of these issues in a light, modular and
> overall-consistency-aware way would improve sharing a lot in Ubuntu..
>

> On the other hand, please help me understand why exactly the creation
> of this blueprint is a step backwards in your eyes, and i'll gladly
> share your view, i'm sure.

I said premature. As in: too early. Because there has been no
discussion, apparently little to no research, no consensus, no
actionable items.

Turning "premature" into "a step backwards" is an unacceptable thing to
do in a discussion.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: