Re: Papercut or not? Bug #495403 in One Hundred Paper Cuts: “Do not raise windows or dialogs without user input”

Hey Conscious

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 15:39, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's the main reason I dislike the current behavior of the update
> manager window. :)
>
> I personally think a better approach would be something like the
> morphing things suggested in the notification guidelines: in
> front, without focus and translucid. Wherever you were typing,
> you can keep typing.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotificationDesignGuidelines#morphing

+1

I believe a smart DE needs manners. You do not interrupt the operator while
he identifies himself as "busy".

on the focus stealing issue i mentioned earlier.. there's a workaround i
found, and i think it should be default in any ubuntu installation.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8907703&postcount=3

windows shouldn't be raised on click.
If i can click on a windows content, it is obviously already not covered by
another window, so no need for window raising is implied by my behaviour.
Why does the WM still raise then?