Re: replace status bar mockups

Thanks Dani, beautiful action that speaks louder than words ;)
Let's hear what it says:

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 22:51, Scott E. Armitage <
launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like them in general, but I have some reservations.
>
>    1. They still seem pretty big (i.e. not very "tight", as Mark put it).
>    I already find many of the controls on those screenshots to be quite large,
>    and everything starts adding up to eat up our screen space.

I think what we see on the Wiki page is already pretty awesome!

>    1. Do we need them to be shaded? Status bars will be displaying on
>    screens that are relatively busy already; Chrome's status bar overlays are a
>    solid colour with no frills.

Shading them is necessary only, if consistent with related events. On the
long run, we want to let the WM decide about shading alone.

>    1. Do we need the icon? What purpose does it serve? Is there some other
>    way we can provide this functionality without adding them to the status
>    bars?

The (i) icon makes sense when the notification has more details or even
interaction to offer upon "click".

Beautiful work! Thank you again ;)