Re: Papercut or not? Bug #495403 in One Hundred Paper Cuts: “Do not raise windows or dialogs without user input”

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 02:35, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I, err, have to jump in here and say Please, If you're going to do
> anything with when windows are raised, raise them more aggressively!

tried sloppy focus already?

> Or fix how windows that aren't raised are handled; right now they are
> completely muted.

i think a great problem when we are trying to exchange objects between two
windows is the raise on click problem, see:
http://blogs.gnome.org/metacity/2008/06/11/drag-and-drop/
Raising more aggressively may have its virtues, yet the computer should not
make drag and drop more difficult in the process..