Run Application - Redesign

hello there,

a) i have this little mockup as a teaser for a possible discussion.
[image: Mockup-Run Application.png]

i think some of us have been seeing this coming.. "Run Application" is
closely related to developments such as Unity, docks and our favourite topic
"Window List" .
We want to make installing apps easier, by advertising them, if explicitly
searched for.
Considering this mockup, we might want to know as from how much percent of
the name must be typed in correctly, before such an install option would be
displayed..

b) For already running apps i would like to see a little green emblem on the
bottom left of the app icon in the list, to indicate activity.

how about removing some unnecessary items?
e.g. like so:
[image: Run Application - Redesign.png]

PNG image

Follow ups