Re: replace status bar mockups

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 05:37, Scott E. Armitage <
launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interaction with clicking? Oh, please, no! In fact, if your mouse even goes
> near it, it should move away or become transparent. Status bars are *
> informational*, not *interactional*. (Hmm, not a word, but maybe it should
> be).
>
> -S

haah ok, your point is "replace status bar with dynamic app-native
notifications", correct?
In that case, interactivity is not asked for, rather automated intelligent
dismissal, i agree.

On the other hand we all know status bars offer interactivity, e.g. clicking
the encryption icon on the bottom right of the browser would open a page
with detailed information..
How is your position on interactivity with application-born notifications
now?