File Context Menu and Progress Indication on the Wiki

Hi!

New pages on the wiki ready to be filled with concepts and mockups:

For file/folder context menus, regarding how to:
* improve the organization of the menu
  * cut down on the number of items (including how to handle the actions
    that are no longer in the menu, then)
  * improve the handling of specific items
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/FileContextMenu

For concepts and mockups about indicating progress of file operations
and other potentially long running processes that my happen in the
background:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/ProgressIndication

Please collect the ideas and mockups from the existing threads. Attach
images to the wiki pages for reliable storage.

Let us bring and keep the wiki in state that allows someone who hasn't
been following the list to get an overview of what has been and is being
worked on and to dig into any of our topics. Without such documentation,
we risk to forget many ideas and lack of a good way to compare concepts.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/