UbuntuOne

So the dialog and wording of UbuntuOne is... odd. I understand the reasons
for removing the tray icon, but unfortunately the behavior is now rather
odd. Specifically, it is very difficult to tell if things are actually being
synced, or are synced, or what, especially with the wording of 'Publish via
Ubuntuone'

How is it publishing, at all? i am not distributing content, or printing, or
putting it on a public place to be viewed. I am storing it, or saving it, or
backing it up, or Syncing it. But not publishing.

Can we have a bit of discussion about presenting UbuntuOne as an actual
usable service instead of what it currently is, which I basically perceive
as the broken "Me too!" of MobileMe and Dropbox?

Follow ups